Monday 15 February 2016

Opposite songs: an OK GO special

One of the songs in my birthday opposites playlist was OK Go's Upside Down and Inside Out, for which they released an amazing new video last week. It's not on YouTube officially, and the Facebook embedding looks like this, but do click and check it out. It involves vomit comet choreography. 

OK Go - Upside Down & Inside Out
Hello, Dear Ones. Please enjoy our new video for "Upside Down & Inside Out". A million thanks to S7 Airlines. #GravitysJustAHabit
Posted by OK Go on Thursday, 11 February 2016
The video is even more impressive when you know more about how it was made.

When I was making the birthday playlist, I also considered OK Go's Needing/Getting. You can argue among yourselves about whether those are opposites, but as the man says, "Needing is one thing, and getting's another".



I've been thinking lately about how certain bands/musicians are my opposites heroes, so I'm going to do a few more posts like this featuring particular artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment